Edit Submissions - User Permissions

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Hello.. 

I'm using your form for a Prosecutor website and it's for a crime tips page; if someone wants to anonymously submit a tip, they can from this page.  The tips are being e-mailed out as well as being stored in the database.

I don't want to have the submissions displayed, yet, I need to configure it so someone from the Prosecutors office can log into the website, go to this page and view the submissions; which contains the IP address in the case that there is a threat made to the Prosecutors office or someone else.

Is there a way to make an authenticated user see the submissions without having to make them a portal administrator?

Or is there a way to include the client's IP address in the submitted form e-mail?

Thanks.. -Jeff

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Hi Jeff,

both can be possible, but was never requested before. Would you like me to add those features? Are you able to take some sponsorship for those?

Best wishes
Michael

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I think those would be nice possible additions to the module..  It's great to see the module back online; was sad to see that the original site had crashed.

When you say sponsorship, what do you mean?

Thanks.. -Jeff

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Jeff,

> When you say sponsorship, what do you mean?

What I mean is: when this is for a customer of yours, and/or you are able to get some money for these features, it woud be nice if you could share this with me in any way. This is the only way for me to get some income for this work.

Best wishes
Michael

Jun 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner; I've been busy with another project.

We're using your module (which is GREAT!) on a county website.  We're a small county government entity so we're not charging county departments for hosting their websites, etc.

I wish I was in a position to give you donations for your work, but I'm not in a position of authority.

Thank you for your time.. -Jeff

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Jeff,

it's OK. I will include a setting to display the IP in the submitted mail, this is not really hard work. The other thing (display submissions to a specific user group) is more work, so I will realize this if someone is able to pay for.

Best wishes, and thanks for your suggestions...
Michael

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Jeff,

please feel free to download the latest version 02.02.01 - the feature with including the IP address to the email is included, and your reported bug about the ampersand is fixed.

Best wishes
Michael