Helferlein Form and Dnn6 Localization

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:05 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Hello. Congratulations for your form.

I would like to ask you the following.

I'm using your form in Dnn6. My site is multilingual. (Greece - English).

I am trying to localize the form but i can't.

When i am in Greek language contact form, i just change the label name from English to Greek, but nothing is changed.

What happen?

Also is possible and for the 2 languages (Greek-English) to use same submissions database?

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Manos,

you do not need a second page for another language, and therefore you don't need an "English" and a "Greek" form. Just use the dropdownlist in the settings or form item definition and enter the approbriate localizable values to localize the form, and then you have all submissions in the same instance of the module. This is not DNN 5.5+ style for multi-lingual portals, but it works fine and has some advantages.

Best wishes
Michael

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Hello Maikl!

I'm trying to localize the form, but i can't.

I'm using dnn 6 and localized extensions to make my site multilingual.

If i change the default language from Admin-Languages menu, the form is localized, but when i changed it using en-gr flags is not localized... :(

Any idea?

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Manos,

forget about the skin flags. You have to change the language for helferlein_Form labels etc. by choosing it from the dropdownlist in the form item properties.

Best wishes
Michael

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Manos,

sorry, I just realized a bug in version 2.2.x that dis not display the localized values correctly. This will be fixed in the upcoming version 2.3.0.

Best wishes
Michael

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Hi Maikl,

nice form - I am trying to localize the form on a DNN6 site, and as mentioned above, the formitem values/data are not being retrieved via the localisation database. Roughly when do you hope to have that released, or at least an update that will support labels and textboxes?

thanks,

Michelle.

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Michelle,

the form module uses it's own localization component, so you do not need to mark the page as translated and/or add any page in another localization. If you do so, you should add the existing module without copying it - so you get an instance of this module on the other page. All the localization can be done in the same instance of the module.

Best wishes
Michael

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Hello,

it seems I have the same problem: I use the dropdown list to set the localised labels, but they all remain in the first locale (English US). Do I read correctly that this problem is know and it will be fixed in the next release? When is it foreseen?

Thanks

Franco

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Franco,

as I do not use the core localization (in my eyes it is done too complicated and ineffective, esp. for large sites), I can't say too much about it. I tested it once when it came with DNN 5.5, but did not touch it since.

It seems that I have to install it on a testing portal and try what the problem is...

Let me some time for this...

Best wishes
Michael

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Found an fixed in version 2.3.0

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hi, is it fixed on 2.3.0, but is that version out yet? When will it be available?

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM

No, not yet. Needs some testing as there were some essential changes in the logic. I do not think that it will last a very long time and will be released soon.

Best wishes
Michael