Back Button - Remove from Submission Sent Response

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

We are planning to use the Helferlein Form as a method to capture information from employees who have completed a simple on-line quiz. After finishing the quiz, they will click a link that will connect them to a form where they will submit their name, ID, etc. We want to be sure that each employee really does take the quiz. Right now, with the "Back" button that is included on the last screen, a group of users could simply gather and repeatedly click the "Back" button; fill out the information; submit the form; and never view the quiz. I don't see any need to ever have the "Back" button on any of our forms, so -- if I must remove it for all other forms -- this would be fine.

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Basically, I need to remove the "Back" button from the last page of the form.

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Hi,

I don't think that you can use the form for this purpose. You would need a Quiz/Survey module with multi page functionality for that. Not sure if there is something for free, but maybe you find a solution on Snowcovered.

Anyway: What you can do is different (hidden, i.e. not in the menu) pages, and redirect to the next page when submitting the form. But there is no way to ensure that the user does not come from the previous page or if he/she just entered the Url.

Best wishes
Michael

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Good morning Michael –

Your suggestion of a re-direct works perfectly!

I have attached an image showing how we are using the Helferlein form to capture registration information from people who have taken a quiz we have posted on our Wellness website.

The Export to Excel feature (on the Edit Submissions page) provides an easy way for us to analyze the registration information.

What a wonderful form!

Jan Miller

Business Systems Analyst

Bay Ltd.

361-693-2160

Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:52 AM
To: Miller, Janis
Subject: Re: Back Button - Remove from Submission Sent Response [helferleinform:287550]

Hi,

I don't think that you can use the form for this purpose. You would need a Quiz/Survey module with multi page functionality for that. Not sure if there is something for free, but maybe you find a solution on Snowcovered.

Anyway: What you can do is different (hidden, i.e. not in the menu) pages, and redirect to the next page when submitting the form. But there is no way to ensure that the user does not come from the previous page or if he/she just entered the Url.

Best wishes
Michael