Issues With Certain Form Elements In 02.03.03

Jun 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Am using DNN 6.01.05, helferlein_BabelFish 01.01.03, helferlein_form 02.03.03. This module would be a great alternative to the core Form & List module, but has some minor hang-ups.

CHECKBOX - does not display the 2 defined values (Yes;No), just places a checkbox next to the Label.

DROPDOWN - cannot set to be required

SEND TO - cuts off last character of all defined values (also does not honor the selected value)

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for pointing that out.

CHECKBOX: A checkbox is a single checkbox. If you want multiple checkboxes, please select a "MULTIPLE SELECT" item. The defined values for the CHECKBOX item are the values displayed in the submission (email) for "Checked" and "Unchecked". So you may Enter "True;False", "Yes;No" or whatever you want in this field. "Yes;No" is the default, so this is displayed if you do not define this value.

DROPDOWN - as long as you do not define a "Please select..." item, there is no need to set it as required. Let me know if you need a "Please select..." item, I will then think about your request.

SEND TO - this item is a bit "sensitive" with blanks, so be aware to use something like this (_ = blank!)
Hotmail_[me@hotmail.com];Google_[me@gmail.com];MyDomain_[mt@mydomain.com]
So after the name, there must be a blank, and then in square brackets the email address, and then a semicolon and no blank between that and the next name.

Also be aware not to use REQUIRED for RADIO BUTTONS, but check one as the default value. This works much better.

Best wishes

Michael