Unable to install helferlein form

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hi,

When I installed helferlein_babelfish and the helferlein_form it stopped my DNN website from working. The error is "Could not load file or assembly 'helferlein_Form' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded."

I am new to DNN and web development so could someone please tell me what that means and what I need to do to rectify it?

Thanks,

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Hi Eveleigh,

Were you able to fix your issue. I just installed 'helferlein_Form' on my DNN6 and now I am getting Runtime Error Server Error in '/' Application.

thanks

Aman

Update: Here is the Error MSG:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'helferlein_Form' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'helferlein_Form' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'helferlein_Form' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'helferlein_Form' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.]
   System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +43
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +127
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +142
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +46

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'helferlein_Form' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.]
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +613
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +203
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +105
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +178
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +54
   System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +8812914
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +128
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileResourcesDirectory() +31
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +304

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'helferlein_Form' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +58
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +512
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +729

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'helferlein_Form' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8894223
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +259

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3625; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Hi Just FYI.. I was able to fix the issue. my DNN 6 had ASP.net 2.0. I applied ASP.net 4.0 and its working.

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Sorry, I've been off for a few days... That's exactly what it is, and if you read the requirements on the download page, you get the answer. helferlein_Form and helferlein_Babelfish require .Net 4.0.

Best wishes
Michael

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Hi Michael,

I have this problem too.  I have installed the module then I applied asp.net 4.  This still hasn't fixed the problem.  I now get Object reference not set to an instance of an object error.

Any idea what could cause this? 

I had done this previously with a different site and had to rebuild the site completely and make sure that it was running using asp.net 4 before I installed the module.  this solved it for that site but with this one I have already completed it so i would prefer not to have to start from scratch again.