Removing Form Items

Oct 26, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Edited Oct 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Is there a way to remove any of the form items? I'd like to remove the File Upload item but not sure where the collection is being stored. I tried removing the item from SharedResources.resx but it only creates a blank space in the dropdown list. Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Sorry, no - this would impact the whole logic.

Best wishes
Michael

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I'm not understanding how that is so, can you please explain? Thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Because the collection is defined as an enumeration in the file FormBase.cs (in the Components folder).

The only way to have a feature like this is to introduce a setting to disable certain types. I don't really understand the need for that, but that is more or less my problem :-)

Well - you are the first and only one who wants such a feature (and that since the module was released 5 years ago). If you are willing to pay for that, send me a personal message here, and we can talk about the price.

On the other hand, you can download the source code and rewrite the module so that the FileUpload type is excluded, it's Open Source, and you can do with it whatever you want.

Best wishes
Michael

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM

ok...that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I have looked around on the codeplex site for the source download but am not able to locate it, can you please tell me where I could find it?

Thanks again.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM
lwbrown wrote:

ok...that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I have looked around on the codeplex site for the source download but am not able to locate it, can you please tell me where I could find it?

Thanks again.

Disregard - I found it :-)

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Hi,

I just want to point out that changing some code in the moule and re-compiling it will create your own version - upgrading will not be possible anymore, and also no support will be given from my side.

Best wishes
Michael