DNN7 and Theform

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I am setting up e new Dotnetnuke 7.0 site and will also upgrade a few sites in DNN version 6.1.5 to DNN version 7, and I would like to continue to use the helferlein_Form.

Will it work? If someone can give some input and guidelines I am most grateful!

DNN 7 needs the .net framework 4.0 and SQL Server 2008 to work and I do not know if helferlein_Form will work in this environment.

Best regards
Peter

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

It does work just fine!
Regards,
Petrer

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Peter,

helferlein_BabelFish and helferlein_Form require .Net 4.0, so there should be no reason why it should not work.

I am about to rwrite the two modules that they fit into the UX guide, but this will last some time.

Best wishes
Michael

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Hi again,
Thanks for your comments!
I have also done some testings now and have used DNN7 and the latest version of helferleinform and babelfish and it wiorks fine.

Five minutes ago, it did come across a problem. On another site we have, still using DNN 6.1.5 and .net 3.5. Here I have installed Babelfish 1.1.2 and heleferleinform 2.2.6 and it works fine since a long time back. Now we have started to submit the form (HeleferleinForm) not only as e-mail but also to database. The emails are fine, but characters like åäö are scrabled in the database. An example the name "Grönros" is stored in the database as "Grönros".

Do you know what the cause can be?

I checked in web.config and we are using utf8.

Now I did also try to upgrade to Helferleinform 2.3.6, but ended up with an error makeing the site impossible to start. (I did restor from the backup and is running again). You wrote that helferlein_BabelFish and helferlein_Form require .Net 4.0.

.NET 4.0 is installed on the server but not used by this site, so that is perhaps the cause for the error we got?

I would like to upgrade the site to DNN7 but have to wait some with this. The site is using .net 3.5 in the application pool. Will we have to let the applicationpool use .net 4 in order to upgrade HeleferleinForm?

Thanks in advance for advices!

/Peter

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Hello again!

I have done some tests now.
After changing the app pool to use .net 4.0, I could install HelferLein Form 2.3.6 and babelfish 1.1.4 without problems.
All seams to work just fine, but I still have the problem with scrabled characters.

We submit the form (HeleferleinForm) as e-mail and also to the database. The emails are fine, but characters like åäö are scrabled in the database. An example the name "Grönros" is stored in the database as "Grönros".

When we use the Helferleinform interface to look at the submission saved in the database it looks fine apart from the upper field (dropdown-list) which is crabled. When we look in the database all characters like åäö are scrambled. And when we export to Excel all characters are scrabled.

I do not understand how we can solve this. I do of course hope for help. Thanks so much in advance!

kind regards,
Peter