Error when sending the email. Please try again later.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I've just started getting this error. I recently upgraded to 07.02.00 .

I've checked my admin and host SMTP settings, and they continue to test ok, but the log shows, "InnerException:Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated".

So I don't know what is going on.
Thanks,
Mark
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2014 at 5:44 AM
Mark,

thanks for telling me that. I have not tried to use the form module on DNN 7.2.0, I'll check this. Maybe it is a bug with with the DNN version, have you tried 7.2.1 yet?

Best wishes
Michael
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Hi,

I just tried to submit an email with the form in DNN 7.2.1 - no problem.

Please check: Are there any error messages logged in the event log? if yes: which?

Please check as well if you the problem is on your SMTP server, if there are any errors logged.

Best wishes
Michael
Feb 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM
I installed the latest 2.3.7 update and received the same error "Error when sending the email. Please try again later.". The event log has the this error, "InnerException:Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated.

I tried several settings, and changed Sender from Portal Admin to Host and received the same error. All other modules are sending out email including the Feedback module. I'm using Microsoft's Outlook/Hotmail servers as my email provider. Maybe it has something to do with that. Not sure.

Thanks for looking at it.
Mark
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Mark,

what are your settings for the sender and the reply-to address? Have you tried to use the portal admin or host as sender, and the email form item as reply-to? Could you try that?

Do you have the possibility to try another SMTP server?

Best wishes
Michael
Mar 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I am experiencing this error too, but I discovered my problem as a combination of having multiple recipients along with the request a copy option selected on the form. The copy originates from the recipient, not the sender, so it logically fails because you cannot have multiple senders. Not sure if your error is generated for the same reason, but I opened a discussion for my problem separately as I did not see this thread originally. My apologies for that. I searched for request a copy issues without searching for the error message itself.
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2014 at 12:12 PM
When the user checks the "Send copy" option, the email address in the corresponding field is used - you have to select this field in the module settings.

Best wishes
Michael
Apr 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2014 at 10:41 PM
I am getting this error "Error when sending the email. Please try again later." across all portals.
DNN version: 07.02.01
SMTP Test in Host Settings is successful.
helferlein Form version: 2.3.9
helferlein BabelFish version: 1.1.4

I have tried different variations of Sender & Reply-to none have worked.

I do have an earlier version of helferlein Form working on DNN 6 without issue so I'm ruling out mail server issue. Any assistance is appreciated as I have a number of portals that are affected by this.

I have posted this in the Issues section as well.
May 21, 2014 at 7:38 PM
I am also getting this error "Error when sending the email. Please try again later." across all portals.
DNN version: 07.02.02
SMTP Test in Host Settings is successful.
helferlein Form version: 2.3.9 (with patch 16347)
helferlein BabelFish version: 1.1.4

Could you please post any documentation on how to configure it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Coordinator
May 23, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Edited May 23, 2014 at 7:17 AM
There is not much about the configuration, as the module uses DNN's SendMail methods - normally, when the SMTP test in the host settings work, this should work as well.

Are you able to check your mail server's log files if an issue is found there?

Please try: Set a valid email address of yourself in the submission settings (only one!). Then (if not already done so) add an email form field to the form.

Use the following settings in the email options:

1) Sender: Form field, Reply-to: same as sender
2) Sender: Portal Admin, Reply-to: Form field
3) Sender: Form field, Reply-to: Portal Admin
4) Sender: Portal Admin, Reply-to: same as sender

Use another email address of yourself when submitting the form. Does any of these options work? If you get the email and click reply in your mail client, does it reply to the correct setting? Does this make sense? (in my eyes, options 3 and 4 don't, but just give them a try).

Best wishes
Michael
Coordinator
Sep 1, 2014 at 3:54 PM
I am glad I can offer a solution for that, I fixed it in version 2.3.10 - just need some more small tests if the install/upgrade package works correctly, then you can download the new version. Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes
Michael