Even with 2.3.9 patch: "Error when sending the email. Please try again later."

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:31 AM
I'm running into the "Error when sending the email. Please try again later." error after upgrading DNN to 7.2.2. I have upgrade helferlein_Form to version 2.3.9, BabelFish to 1.1.4, and added the 2.3.9 patched dll. I am still getting the error on all portals and the error logged below. I have verified that my host SMTP setting are correct and working from within DNN.

2014-08-25 22:22:37,590 [GENERIC151][Thread:220][ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, MailAddress from, Boolean allowUnicode)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Mail.Mail.SendMailInternal(MailMessage mailMessage, String subject, String body, MailPriority priority, MailFormat bodyFormat, Encoding bodyEncoding, IEnumerable`1 attachments, String smtpServer, String smtpAuthentication, String smtpUsername, String smtpPassword, Boolean smtpEnableSSL)
Aug 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Any ideas guys? I've reinstalled 2.3.9, reinstalled the patch, and rechecked the SMTP settings and I'm still getting the same error above.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Hi,

there are already some threads about this in the meantime. The patch does not have anything to do with this problem. It seems that DNN changed something in the password logic, but the problem is that I was not able to reproduce this behaviour in a stable way. It seems that it works sometimes, and sometimes not, but I have not yet found out under which conditions.

Anyway: I am working on that...

Best wishes
Michael
Coordinator
Sep 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2014 at 2:53 PM
I am glad I can offer a solution for that, I fixed it in version 2.3.10 - just need some more small tests if the install/upgrade package works correctly, then you can download the new version. Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes
Michael
Sep 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Michael,
Awesome, thanks!
Sep 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM
I was able to update my DNN to 7.3.2 and helferlein_form to 2.3.10 and they are all working again, thanks!