Export to Excel gives data in shifted columns

Jan 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Edited Jan 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM
Hi!

Please note:
I did create a new thead under "Issues" in order to be able to upload a file explaining the problem.
Look here: https://helferleinform.codeplex.com/workitem/2096

I am using dnn 7.3.4 in a site where Helferleinform 2.3.10 and Helferlein Babelfish 1.1.4 is used in a quite large form. Data is saved in the databas and emailed correctly, but when I export to Excel the result is strange!

Data in column 10 and above is shifted to the right one step, giving no data in column 10 but instead data in column 11 and above. This happens on 4 different columns giving no data i those 4 columns and columns to the right are shifted to the right.

Example to explain the result in Excel;
Data in columns 10,11,13 and 14 are "shifted to the right". Let us call data which should be in column 10 as "DATA_10" and so on.
Then DATA_10 is in column 11, DATA_11 is in column 13, DATA_13 is in column 16, DATA_14 is in column 18. Columns 10, 11, 13 and 14 are all empty, they only have the Column Label in the top row.

I have tried VERY HARD to find the cause but did not succeed. I am most grateful for a solution or way around the problem.

As help to better understand the problem, I can send excel-file from export via e-mail!

Best regards,
Peter
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM
Peter,

sorry for the delayed answer. I cannot reproduce this behaviour, but is it possible that you send me an export of the form module? This needs further investigation.

The Excel export is done by a component called Simple OOXml, the last release was in 2010, but it still worked fine everywhere I used it. Which Excel version are you using (this should have nothing to do with the problem as it is created by the server, but maybe it helps)?

Best wishes
Michael
Jan 8, 2015 at 2:20 PM
Edited Jan 8, 2015 at 3:14 PM
Hi Michael!

Delayed answer? It was not that long ago I wrote. No worries! :)

I did send you the file from "Export content" in the HelferleinForm module. I did send it via helferleinform.com to you.

Regarding Excel I use mainly Excel 2013 but did also try Excel 2007. Please have a look in the "issue" I created (as noted above) where you also can se the results in the Excel file I created when Exporting to Excel from inside the Helferleinform module.

Regards
Peter