Captcha

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:53 AM
I thought I'd ask this rather than raise an issue because I don't quite believe it myself....

I have form version 2.3.10 on a DNN 7.3.2 site. When I include a CAPTCHA field on the form it ALWAYS fails my first entry in the field. I am 100% sure I am not typing it wrong - I have got people to double-check my typing. A second attempt after a refresh works.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this? It took me ages to convince myself as I thought I was just in a hurry and typing incorrectly but I am now 100% certain that isn't the case....
Jan 6, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Hi,
I have also seen this, but in my experience it does not fail everytime but often. Unfortunately I have not been able to find the cause, but I am 100% sure I did not write the wrong string in the CAPTCHA-box.

I use DNN 7.3.4, Helferlein Form 2.3.10 and Helferlein Babelfish 1.1.4.

Best wishes,
Peter
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM
The Captcha used should be the DNN original control. There were a lot of "Spam" registration recently, and the solution was to replace it by reCaptcha instead. I haven't tried this with helferlein_Form yet, but is it possible that you have replaced the DNN control?

Best wishes
Michael
Jan 8, 2015 at 2:27 PM
Hi,
no I did not replace the built in Captcha, but I am getting unsure of myself.

The form I worked with is quite large and I must say after more testing I am no longer sure I did not type in the wrong characters when submitting the form.

I did a few new tries submitting the form without issues. I will note if any more "errors" occurrs and note that here.

/Peter
Jan 9, 2015 at 7:25 AM
HI Michael,
The captcha control on my site is definitely the original DNN and not a recaptcha (I was taking the 'block the registration page' approach with this site). And unlike Peter I am 100% sure it failed every time and I wasn't getting the answer wrong.
I've since turned captcha off for the form in question as I decided it was overkill anyway.
If I have a bit of time over the next few days I'll try migrating the form to a test site and re-adding captcha to see if I can recreate it for you on a site I can give you access to.
Regards,
Graham