User ID

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM

To avoid users (registered users) to have to type in all required information which already is available in the database, it would be nice to be able to configure a field to have the value obtained from specifying a provided SQL procedure which passes the userID as a parameter. This would be very useful in such fields as email addresses, list box values, as well as others. A further enhancement would enable the procedure to pass the value of other field values as parameters.

This work could possibly involve a bit more than trivial effort. Since I plan to use this module in the future to replace several forms currently used by our club, I would not mind paying a modest amount for this enhancement.

Regards

Hans Hermans

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Hans,

Sorry for the delayed answer - I went to a vacation for two weeks, and had no chance to enter some text here with my mobile.

I did something like this a long time ago, so you can use tokens for a default value. There are some tokens for the form module only (like [FULLNAME], [EMAIL] etc. - please refer to the documentation about Single-Line Textboxes and E-Mail Addresses). Beside these tokens, you can use any DNN-Tokens like [User:DisplayName] etc.

Passing other field valus as parameters: Could you describe a little example to understand what you want? If this is something like a multi-page form I must reject this wish - this is a simple form, and it should stay a simple form. There are multi-page form modules available at Snowcovered.

Best wishes
Michael

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I replied earlier but did not notice that my email is not same as codeplex recognized one, so it never arrived. Anyway, The use of supporting sql statements to fetch some parameters can be very helpful in several instances. For example, obtaining all the address information which is already available for registered members and need not be supplied again. Another use is in preparing drop down lists from the result of a query (usually 2 column result).  Hope this clarifies what i'm asking for.

Regards

Hans

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Hans,

this seems to be a bit too much for a free module - sorry.

Best wishes
Michael