Error sending emails

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Hi,

I've created a form, but when clicking on the "send" button I'm seeing the error below in my Event Viewer, and no emails are being sent.

Method: helferlein.DNN.Modules.Form.UI.Form.CreateFormSubmissionXML
StackTrace:
Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at helferlein.DNN.Modules.Form.UI.Form.CreateFormSubmissionXML() at helferlein.DNN.Modules.Form.UI.Form.SubmitButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any insight in to what could be causing the errors?  Everything appears to be set up correctly.

Nov 12, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Hi,

I had used some "hidden" form items in my form to add some additional spaces in between a couple of other items and it looks like this is what was the cause of the error.  Once these were removed the forms were sent successfully.

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

thank you for pointing this out. Anyway: A hidden field should not be used as a "styling" element, but have a value like "[User:UserName]" or something alike. It is not rendered in any way.

Best wishes
Michael

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.