post form to a url with string?

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Nice module! Can this be used to post to a url with parameters in the string? eg:

http://test.com/search.aspx?store=test&postal=m5v1b7&tag=Industrial

I need to post to a store locator module and I'm having trouble making forms work in DNN

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2011 at 1:59 PM

X1Bot,

I am afraid: no.

Best wishes
Michael

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Ah okay! Thanks

On 25-Nov-11, at 9:59 AM, Maikl wrote:

X1Bot,

I am afraid: no.

Best wishes
Michael

Paul Morris | Designer

AGENCYTHREE

T (416) 596 8545

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:06 AM

If you want to post something using the querystring, you can simply use HTML and jquery , no real reason to use a module.

(unless you want to allow the user to change the form, or need to store the submissions in the database)

If you hack around a bit I'm sure you could get the module to submit a value using jQuery.

(remove the module submit button, inject another one, read all form values and post them)

But IMO html in the html module would be easier.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Thanks! Yea I think I'll try the jquery route. Im not a great coder but I've configured jquery plugins before. And I can use it to validate the form too which is good

On 3-Dec-11, at 5:06 AM, timo_design wrote:

If you want to post something using the querystring, you can simply use HTML and jquery , no real reason to use a module.

(unless you want to allow the user to change the form, or need to store the submissions in the database)

If you hack around a bit I'm sure you could get the module to submit a value using jQuery.

(remove the module submit button, inject another one, read all form values and post them)

But IMO html in the html module would be easier.