Confirmation email

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Hello everybody!

I would like to send an email, as a confirmation, when the form is submitted and the email is sent.

This can be done using "Send copy", but then a copy of the sent email will also be sent to the email address in the form, and this is not what I want.

I want to send another predefined message but to the same address.

How can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Peter,

as you can read in the documentation:

If you decide to submit the document by e-mail, you have to provide an e-mail address (where the form will be submitted to) in the E-Mail address(es) texbox. Separate multiple e-mail addresses by semicolons (;) if needed.

Best wishes
Michael

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Hi,
you diod missunderstand me. Sorry for my bad explaination...

I have managed to submit the form as email, no problem with that! I also wanted to send ANOTHER email to the person submitting the form as a confirmation, but that is not possible as it is now, so we have decided to send a copy of the email submitted to the adminitsrator to the person subitted the form.

Thanks
Peter

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Hi Peter,

you need a "SendCopy" item for that. This item requires that

• Submission by e-mail must be checked in the settings
  • A form field of the type E-Mail Address must be on the form, and
  • the sender has to be set to this form field

Otherwise, you will not see this option in the field type list when adding a new form item. It is also not available when there already is one.

Please refer to the documentation for further details.

Best wishes
Michael

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Michael,
Yes that was what I did and it works fine. But I wanted to send another email as confirmation. I wanted the content in the email for the confirmation to be different than the email sent to the administartor.
But in this case we will manage as it is, now the email sent as confirmation is a copy of the email sent to the administartor.

Thanks for your support!
Best regards,
Peter