A label in the portal's default locale is required.

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Hi

I've downloaded the modules helferlein Babelfish and helferlein form.
I've uploaded the module to dnn version 7.2. The installation gives no errors.
The local language is Dutch by default.

When I want to use the helferlein form module for instance in the contentpane. Then te following error occurs:

The form is not yet set up properly. An administrator can do this by doing the following step(s):
Add form item(s)
Select a submission option in the Module Settings.

I try to Add form items.
Then I got always the following error:
A label in the portal's default locale is required.
In the form were I want to add items.

What did I wrong?

Vriendelijke groeten
Gilbert Vanden Borre
Jan 12, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Hi

It's now two hours that I've tried to submit forms items...
It doesn't works.
When I update the edit forms were I add form items, always got the error... A label in the portal's default locale is required.
Even when I choose the normal USA-English language.

What can be done?

Vriendelijke groeten
Gilbert Vanden Borre
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Gilbert,

thank you for telling me. It might be an issue with DNN 7.2, I have not tested it yet. Please be patient, I am in a lot of other projects at the moment.

Please check: What is the portal's default language? Switch to the default language in your portal, and then try add a simple item (eg. single-line textbox or label) without changing the language in the language selector of the editor's interface. Try to save it. If this works, click the edit button beside the form item, change the language and add the localized values. Does it work this way?

Best wishes
Michael
Jan 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Maikl

Thanks for the suggestion that you've give me.
I've set the portal language not to Dutch but to English USA (standard language).
Then I could setup a form without the error: 'A label in the portal's default locale is required'.
I've not set up yet the site as a full multilanguage site. But that I'am gone do that in a few days and then see if everything works.

May I ask something else.
In the submission Settings part, I've put 3 email adresses admin@nameofwebsite.net; name1@nameofwebsite.org; name2@nameofwebsite.org. Three email adresses separate by a semicolon (;).
admin@nameofwebsite.net is the emailadress of the administrator of the site.
When I submit the form i've got a the following error:
'Error when sending the email. Please try again later'.
I've done that 5 times... always the same error.

A few hours later I've eliminate two of the 3 email adresses. Only the adres of the administrator of the site I've set.
Then I've got a message that the mail was successfully posted.
What could be the reason?

Thanks for you concern
Vriendelijke groeten, Kind Regards
Gilbert Vanden Borr
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2014 at 4:47 AM
Gilbert,

thanks for pointing that out - I will check that issue.

Best wishes
Michael
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM
I am having the same issue as gvborre, except I still have not been able to fix the issue. I upgraded to 7.2 and now the entire contact form does not work - error message "Error when sending the email. Please try again later." I spoke with the support team at PowerDnn, which hosts our website, and they said, "I've been researching the issue more, and I've found that this is a bug that occurs with a lot of modules and is due to the encryption changes as I thought." Is there a workaround or a new version update to resolve the issue?
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Hi,

it seems that this is a breaking change in DNN 7.2 - I'll have a look at it.

Best wishes
Michael
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Gilbert,

I just tried to enter two recipient in the field. Worked fine. I added a third one - no problem. I also tried to enter blanks after the semicolon, no problem.

You cannot enter email addresses there like "Firstname Lastname first.last@mycompany.com", only the "pure" address - but this should be caught by the validator of this field in the settings.

Which DNN version are you using?

Best wishes
Michael